How can I get the latest tonies.json?

G’day from Down Under!

Tonies have recently been launched here in Australia and I’m keen to play around with them.

I have some Tonies downloaded onto my toniebox, but when I run TeddyBench (1.7.0-master+ca062fe) there are a number of tonies that are not recognised. So the picture pf the tonie doesn’t appear.

They have been successfully downloaded to the box as when playing the green light came on and I heard the audio tone.

TeddyBench seems to download the latest tonies.json and shows that the file has 5338 entries.

The following tonies are not recognised:
Leelo/stitch
Gecko (catboy thing, not sure if complete)
The very hungry caterpillar
Elmo
Cookie monater
Emma (wiggles) creative tonie (new for Australia)
Paddington Bear (2:39:38)
Cars - lightning mcqueen
Thomas the tank engine

Can anyone here point me to a guide on how to get this working?
Also is there a comprehensive guide for noobs on running toniecloud, etc…?

Hi Mark,

if the tonies could be found in tonies.json and are not yet available in your TeddyCloud, you can either restart your docker container, or trigger an update of the tonies.json via:
<teddy_ip>/api/toniesJsonUpdate

If tonie is missing in tonies.json, you can try to contribute this information to the according repo:

if you can not provide a pull request by yourself, you can send met the missing info and i will create one for you.
I need this info per tonie. this can be found in the library by clicking twice a taf file:
- Audio timestamp: 28.2.2024, 16:23:21 (1709133801)
- Hash: 8dba747d2d0d3e0f1a802529ee92a40aedfa178f
- Audio Size/Tracks: 79052044/50

A similar topic can be found here:

Thanks for t he reply.

I am using the atandalone executable of TeddyBench in windows 10. I just wanted to extract some audio files do I could copy them over to a phoniebox that I made (back when tonies were not available in Australia)

Looking at the JSON file I can see that the info for the tonie is there, but the “Audio ID” in the json file does not match what I have.

I will try doing this with TeddyCloud. From t he linked thread it might be more successful. Otherwise I wonder if these tonies have been given a different audio id as they are in a different region, en-au?

Just noticed that it seems that t tree hash value is whats used to match tonies to the datanin the json file and the hash I have for my unrecognised tonies are different to whats in the json.
Seems I can just edit the json file and it works

if the audio id is different, then the content has been updated, or is a different region, with different content.

if you provide the data, and the model, i will check and update tonies.json.

and no worries, this data can be shared. nobody can clone your tonie with this information. it will only help the community.

yes, but you will lost the change, when updating the tonies.json.
i think is done automatically on app start?

Yeah, I tried launching teddy bench, letting it download the latest json file. Then editing the file, then selecting my content folder in teddy bench. But no joy. At this point I think I’m stuck manually finding the info in the json file and then copying just the titles.

Is there a beginners guide to teddycloud anywhere? I can’t find anything here on the forum, telegram or on GitHub. Google also doesn’t seem to have anything. I have a Mac, PC and RPI4 so I have the hardware.

Try this out:

And Here is the official documentation:
https://tonies-wiki.revvox.de/docs/tools/teddycloud/