How to get a V4 Toniebox in Germany?

How can you identify a v4 box from the outside without packaging?

If there is a MAC address visible, then use https://macvendors.com/. If it returns espressif (or so) than it’s the esp32 v4.

Thanks!

Probably another way to identify the ESP ones form the package outside is the model number.

I ordered various ones from Amazon and Hugendubel. Two pink and one blue. One of the pink ones is made in china and has the model number 10003 (esp32) while the other ones are model number 10001 (Hungary, cc3200). You find this information on the back of the package.

The article number stays the same. Only the last two digits differ by the color (03-0014 pink, 03-0012 blue).

I just have a green one “Summer Edition” directly from Tonies in Germany. This one is made in China with the Model Number 10001 and is cc3200.

I have a pink ESP, bought directly from tonies. The model number on the box is “10003”, the item number is “03-0014” and it is “Designed by tonies, in Düsseldorf Germany, Made in China”

I ordered a grey box from Thalia.de this week, unfortunately it’s not the ESP version. Model number “10001”

I went to a Thalia store last week and as I told them that i wanted to have the grey box, but a “special version” they where so kind to let me double check the model number “10003” before buying.

In this case “in store buying” is a huge advantage to online shopping.