Organizing Audio files

Hi guys,

just managed to flash and set up teddycloud and currently I am playing around with as within the day my kids are willing to play with their new toy.

For the moment I used on the old webinterface the ability to upload mp3 which have been converted as one file and put into a new folder which I created.
So my first question is about the naming. Do I need to take care about special naming conventions?
It’s a bit strange as the respective json file has been created on the top, instead of within the created folder

Since I ordered today RFID tags I was playing around and attached our creative tonie and I was suprised that my uploaded content has been associated with.

So let’s imagine I would like to switch now my creative tonie to something else I’ve uploaded as well, how would I proceed? My assumption was to check the creative tonie and select something else within the source field but by doing so, no TAF files are being displayed

Lastly I just recognized deleting content is only possible within old web gui?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Just switch to the develop version of teddycloud. the new web gui has there the same feature set than the old and some improvements.

Coming back to your questions.

First question I leave open, but it’s strange with the json. But this question may become obsolete if your are using the new web gui for that

Second question:
It seems that your library is just empty. And the library is the source for that.
You may enable cache to library. So you can cache your original tonie content to the lib and choose it for other tags. Besides that you can add taf files there as you like. For example by using the new audio encoder. In a structure you like.

Third question:
See my introduction: use the develop version instead the latest release. For that changed your docker compose file:

image: ghcr.io/toniebox-reverse-engineering/teddycloud:latest
—>
image: ghcr.io/toniebox-reverse-engineering/teddycloud:develop

And then in the cli: docker pull && docker compose up -d

But also keep in mind. If you delete stuff in the content filebrowser ( like the json and the folder with the uid part), it might reappear if you turn on your toniebox the next time. If you want to get rid of a tonie in the tonies card view, use the info icon and then the hide button. This will hide the tag in the cardview (but it will be still visible in the filebrowser).

Thank you, usually I step back from development images but since you suggested to go for I exchanged the container image. Looks way beter now!

And sorry for this but again a question. I used the audio converter and hence converted some ogg files, unfortunately I recognized I am not able to create a new folder within the converter tab. That just means the new .taf file is pleaced on the top of the library structure.

Afterwards I started over, created prior a new folder in the library and selected such to converter my files this time within the newly created folder.
My assumption was now to use again the creative tonie and to assign the new file to that tonie. I see it’s associated but my toniebox still plays the old file. How to force a sync?

Hi,
Yes, it’s currently not possible to create a new folder on the audio encoder page. This might be a feature to come.

You have to do a freshnesscheck to force the update on your toniebox. So press an ear for some seconds till a sound starts and then wait till a second sound confirm the check. Do not have a figurine placed on the box.

1 Like