RFID card working

As my selfmade TonUINO box used to employ regular card shaped RFID tags, I was pleased that similar exists for the actual Tonie box.

It’s easy to just print a sticker and my self made Tonie is ready to go. We just wrapped an elastic band around the box to attach the card when the box is on the move :smiling_face:.
As you know from the figurines, the antenna is quite sensitive all around the box.

The cards are a little more expensive than the foldable tags, but may well be cheaper in the end once you consider the price for coin holder, magnet, etc.
I got mine from elecTricky and they actually work.

Alex

2 Likes

what hardware are you using to write the tags, I have flipperzero with xfw I can emulate but I can’t write my tags

There is no need to write the tags.
You will assign the rUID to an existing content via Teddybench or Teddycloud.

ok, now the wiki starts making sense to me, but if I change the uid of the content folder to the custom tag I must remain offline or use cfw?

Can’t tell you, I use teddycloud, custom and original tags together on one ESP32 box (original firmware).

ok, now the wiki starts making sense to me, but if I change the uid of the content folder to the custom tag I must remain offline or use cfw?

Yes, you have to remain offline, when you use Custom tags. The only reason for me to ever go online is to download new original tonies. The best way to do this is probably to use a second sd card to go online. Then you can download the original tonie and load it on the main sd Card.

I just us a mobile hotspot if I have to go online. So I never have to worry about offline mode of the Toniebox.

thank you all for your responses, its all clear now