TeddyCloud Audio Encoder sound quality and volume

Can anyone else confirm that the audio encoder integrated in TeddyCloud plays the uploaded audio files significantly quieter than the original sound files? Is this already a known issue?

With a sound file that occasionally overdrives (it’s a bad conversion of an old cassette) the volume is significantly lower than with other imports.

Another sound file, which is not overdriven in the original, also starts extremely quietly, but gets louder and louder over the course of the first 25 seconds or so.

I couldn’t find an option to increase the volume of the .taf files in the settings. It might be good to have some more options for the audio converter and encoder. I don’t know how the audio is converted (ffmpeg?), but if currently an overdriven recording will be converted to .taf with a lower volume, it might make sense to clip them instead.

What is the best option to create .taf files independently and outside the TeddyCloud? There seems to be a lot going on in:

The current audio encoder in the new webgui (stable + develop) currently has some problems. The webgui decodes the audio files, the backend encodes.

You may try to convert your files with the teddycloud CLI for a better result as it uses ffmpeg as decoding backend.

Is somewhere documented how to build the teddycloud CLI? Running make on macOS I get:

-e [ \033[0;32mPLAT\033[0m ] \033[0;36mlinux\033[0m
-e [ \033[0;32mOSID\033[0m ] \033[0;36m""\033[0m
-e [ \033[0;32mARCH\033[0m ] \033[0;36m"arm64"\033[0m
-e [ \033[0;32mBITS\033[0m ] \033[0;36m64\033[0m
make: *** No rule to make target `obj/src/cert.o', needed by `bin/teddycloud'.  Stop.

The issues is known. There was a bugfix regarding cracking noises which has the increasing volume as unwanted side effect.

This will be solved hopefully soon, just be a little patient :slight_smile:

There is nothing special needed on Linux, see

In don’t know if this is the same.for macos. But you can use the teddyCloud cli within the container or extract the executable from there.
The Linux amd64 executable is available in the zip release.

There was a fix merged right now. Feel free to check current develop version if this problem is solved (we assume so)

Is this fix also included the lastest version of teddycloud (0.6.0)?

Yes it is