TeddyCloud Release 0.6.0

We are excited to announce the latest release of our platform, featuring a major update: the new web GUI is now the default interface, providing a feature set on par with the legacy admin GUI. This modernized interface is designed to ensure a seamless user experience, retaining all functionalities of the previous version. In addition to this major update, we’ve introduced early-stage security features in TeddyCloud and made backend improvements to support the new web GUI.

Read on for more detailed insights into these updates.

Changes

:bangbang: :bangbang: additional upgrade tasks :bangbang: :bangbang:

If you are updating to this version, you have to do the following additional task:

• extend docker-compose.yml, add new port tuple 8443:8443 (or the port you want to map the web gui https to)

Contributors:

And a big Thank you for all bug reports in the time inbetween.

Feel free to have a look onto it and if you see any bug… please report it!

Known bugs:

• There is still a deadlock in rare situations. As this is very rare, it will be fixed in a future version.
2 Likes

In Github was a good remark regards [PoC implemented] Display model and source img · Issue #80 · toniebox-reverse-engineering/teddycloud_web · GitHub : If you have traveltonies, you might want to have a distinct image / entry in your tonies.custom.json for them…

If you just copy the tonies.json entry for that tag, the outcome could not the expected one (see linked issue).

For that case, add a entry in your tonies.custom.json without any audioId or Hash and add for example the following image:

that leads to the following (use a better series and episodes entry… i just mocked it for the picture here)

or as a card version:

The ESP32 Firmware Patching will be available in the new Web GUI since this release!

The necessary tasks are now as easy as possible:

First switch to the https version. (The images are already outdated, the https section does not exist any more!)

Now you can choose between using an existing firmware image or read the current image of the box:

In both cases you have to select the COM-Port where your UART is connected (no image available)

a) Load File
First choose the file (no image, simple file selection dialog)

b) Read Flash

Then you can patch the firmware image (or leave the file as it is)

After that you can flash your Toniebox:

All in all work done in a few minutes!

3 Likes

The new 0.6.0 version seems to be a giant leap forward. Thank you for putting so much thought and effort into it.

I am delighted that I managed to set up version 0.5.2, and most things are working by now.

So now I am wondering: Is there a possibility of upgrading to the 0.6.0 developer version while keeping all the settings and the library? Since all the data is stored in the docker container, I assume everything is lost when I update.

How do you provide your updates? I assume I would back up everything in, –/certs, –/data/library and probably -/config and put it back in the same place after I installed the 0.6.0 developer version?

Sorry for asking something that is probably obvious, but I want to make sure I do not mess up the setup I worked on for 3 weeks. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Just change the docker compose, switch to develop there instead release and then just do a docker compose pull and then a docker compose up -d

All settings and so will stay the same.

But please be aware: in the todays develop update there is a new port introduced:

You have to add the 8443:8443 line manually in your current docker compose file.

You can of course backup the names folders before any change.

Wow, amazing. Thank you so much.

Everything worked exactly as you suggested.
After editing the docker-compose.yaml with nano I did “docker compose pull teddycloud” and “docker compose up -d teddycloud” and the dev version is running with all my settings and files working.

I love all the new features.

1 Like

It’s out now!

2 Likes